Saturday, July 11, 2015

Living with Purpose

After spending three weeks in the United States with my family, I returned to Barranquilla to continue my journey with WorldTeach. Knowing that the next few months will pass quickly, I established a list of my personal and professional goals, as well as a "bucket list" of fun activities that I want to accomplish. 

My biggest goal is finding a full-time job in the United Statea before December, while other goals include reading a novel in Spanish and applying for a grant from the U.S. Embassy to obtain better technology in my classroom. 

Since improving my Spanish-speaking skills is an important goal, I have dedicated Tuesday afternoons to the library, reviewing my high-school Spanish textbooks and polishing my grammar skills. 

Included in my "bucket list" are fun and cultural experiences, such as running in a 5K, visiting the museum of modern art, and sampling several vegetarian restaurants in the north of the city. I also hope to attend an upcoming concert featuring famous Colombian Carlos Vives. 

Furthermore, each Monday is unofficially deemed a beach day to simply enjoy the Carribean sun and palm trees.


These goals motivate me as I begin to enter a new stage of life. I recognize that my opportunities to live and serve abroad can become more limited as I pursue a full-time career, so I want to capitalize on my time in Barranquilla. I desire that every moment is spent productively, passionately, creatively, and with adventure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment